The Legal Redress Committee investigates discrimination complaints, monitors litigation in which the branch is interested and communicates with the National Office and Branch members on the progression of discrimination cases.

The committee does not offer legal advice or legal representation. Instead, the committee serves as a liaison between individuals needing help and organizations offering quality legal services in the community.

If you want the NAACP to investigate a complaint of discrimination, please download and print the form from the link below.  Fill it out and forward it via email to or mail it to:  Loudoun County Branch NAACP, ATTN: Legal Redress Committee, P.O. Box 2439, Leesburg, VA  20177.

 You can then speak to a member of the Executive Committee of the Loudoun County Branch, and a determination will be made as to whether the NAACP can assist you in pursuing your complaint.

Complaint Form

Filing A Complaints against Northern Virginia Law Enforcement Agencies

Loudoun County Sheriff Office

If you wish to file a complaint regarding a deputy's or other employee's conduct or the level of service provided by the Loudoun Co Sheriff's Office, please use the link below:

Town of Leesburg Police 

If you wish to make a complaint about the actions of a Leesburg Police Department employee or about any aspect of Leesburg Police Operations, please use the link below:

Virginia  State Police 

If you wish to make a complaint about allegations of misconduct on the part of Virginia State Police employees please use the link below:

Find an Attorney 

Virginia Lawyer Referral:

The Virginia Lawyer Referral Service will connect you to a lawyer in your area for $35. You receive a consultation of up to a half hour. 

Statewide and nationwide toll-free number: (800) 552-7977  


Virginia Legal Aid:

Phone: 1-866-LEGLAID (1-866-534-5243) 

Legal Services of Northern Virginia:

Phone: (866) 534-5243 

Fairfax Bar Association - Lawyer Referral Service:

Phone: (703) 246-3780

Restoration of Rights 

Commonwealth of Virginia and VA State Police sites on getting your rights restored and/or appealing to the Governor for a Pardon.  

To request a copy of your criminal history, contact the VA State Police:

To apply for the restoration of Rights which can take between 1-3 months to process, please contact the Secretary of the Commonwealth at:

To file an appeal to the Governor of VA for a pardon, please contact the Secretary of the Commonwealth at:

For information on restoration of Firearm Rights please contact the State Police of Virginia with can be found at:

Information on expungement in the state of VA.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software